Dedicated Immigration Representation, Helping Clients Across Ohio

A Waiver Can Open A Pathway To Permanent Residence

Last updated on December 29, 2022

There are a number of ways that a person may find themselves in need of immigration assistance through no fault of their own. Accessing the immigration law system can be difficult and intimidating, especially for those who have language barriers. That is why the bilingual office of Larson & Lyons, LLC, is dedicated to helping you achieve your dreams. We can help you navigate the immigration law system through thorough case preparation and analysis.

Learn About The Most Common Waivers For Inadmissibility And How We Can Help You

The most common waiver of inadmissibility allows you to ask the government to forgive the amount of time you have been living in the United States without status after entering the United States without a visa. For this type of waiver, you will need to prove extreme hardship to your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse or parents, who are your qualifying relatives. It is important to note that U.S. citizen or permanent resident children cannot be your qualifying relatives for an unlawful presence waiver. However, once the government forgives your unlawful presence, you will be able to depart the United States safely to obtain an immigrant visa in your home country.

Other common reasons for needing a waiver of inadmissibility are past misrepresentations to obtain an immigration benefit, prior deportations, or past criminal conduct. If you require a waiver of inadmissibility, you should consult an immigration attorney right away. Also, you need to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements, because each waiver of inadmissibility has unique set of requirements and challenges.

Come Speak With Our Team Today

The immigration system can be very opaque and daunting to people unfamiliar with it. However, if you work with us, we will help guide you so that your application is not caught up in unnecessary delays or accidental denials. Come speak with us by calling 937-684-8890, or if you are more comfortable writing to us, you can send our team a message through our contact form with a brief description of your case.